Joshua Bourdon, New Hampshire Executive Council Candidate, Putting Families First
Joshua has always had an interest in helping others and in making a difference. Joshua’s family’s impact dates back to the 1930’s when his great grandfather, Eli Bourdon ran for Governor of New Hampshire. His great uncle Earl Bourdon of Claremont, NH was a political activist and staunch advocate for labor unions and senior citizens.
Joshua has been actively involved in Derry and throughout Rockingham County.
- In 2014, Joshua was elected Councilor at Large for the town of Derry.
- In 2015 Joshua was the recipient of the Edward M. Kennedy award for Legislator of the Year by the NH Young Democrats.
- Member of the Rockingham County Democrats and serves on the Executive Committee.
- Member of the Derry Village Rotary Club.
- Founder of the Spinathon for Hunger with all proceeds going to the Sonshine Soup Kitchen and First Baptist Church Community Food Pantry in Derry.
- Co-founder of the Run for Recovery to benefit the Derry Friendship Center, a non-profit organization that provides support for those in recovery.
- Co-founder with his wife Leah to launch Keep Our Veterans Warm which provides veterans with a variety of winter clothing items to keep them warm through the winter.
Joshua has been focused and committed to doing whatever he can to make a positive impact on the citizens of Derry and is looking forward to doing the same as an Executive Councilor.
Joshua is a division manager at CoreMedical Group, one of the premier healthcare staffing firms in the United States and resides in Derry with his wife, Leah, his daughter Sasha and son Miles.